NORA held a successful Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Lifeline Johannesburg offices on Tuesday, 7 May 2023.
The newly elected committee held a strategy planning session at Bootlegger’s conference room. The session, which was expertly facilitated by Nozi Sikhonde, proved helpful in helping to identify the issues, role players and vision for NORA for the year ahead.
At the subsequent NORA Committee Meeting, the following office bearers were elected for the year:
- Chair: Russell Cohen
- Vice-Chair: Kumarin (KC) Chellakooty
- Treasurer: Gillian Mead
- Secretary: Dana Plett
Portfolios have been allocated as follows:
- Finance, Administration & Systems, Gillian Mead
- Liaison, Community Organisations, Cindy Meltzer
- Town Planning & Heritage, Nic Botha
- Parks, Public Open Spaces & Greening, Taryn Rose
- Community Events, Vacant
- Infrastructure & Service Delivery, Trevor Lundt
- Fundraising, Amanda Furamera
- Advertising, Communication, Marketing & PR, Vacant
- Public Safety & Security, Russell Cohen
- Liaison: NBA, Kumarin Chellakooty
Additional committee members:
- Sabina Channing and Louveigne Muller.